Monday 3 December 2012

The steering wheel




I found 30 years old walnut veneer , in my spare box and I decided  that I could use it for
 the steering wheel of the ship.So I joined two sheets of veneer and I cut the appropriate shape, according to the plan.

                                                   
 On the next step , using walnut's dowels 2 mm thickness I made the spokes.



              
After that, I had to make holes and put in the proper angle spokes and handles of the steering wheel .




                                               

     

Tomorrow I will try to create the twin part of the steering wheel , the drum and the bracket.....


                                      


                                             

On the next step I will create the wheel's pillar...

... the pillar is ready. I made it from walnut , the front piece was made from four pieces  and the back from two.
Finally oil was applied on all surfaces.




On the next step , I will create the binnacle....















No comments:

Post a Comment