Wednesday 22 February 2012

Copper plates for the ship's bottom

After a research , I found in  https://sites.google.com/site/shipwrightsfaq/smf-researchnotes/smf-RN-VictoryCopper  the size of the copper plates.
I converted the dimensions on the 1/32 scale , and gave me  length 38,1mm and width 14,29mm. By rough calculations , I will need about 600 pieces for the one side of  the model.
Two months ago , I bought copper and I placed it outside in rain and sun for two months , to take aging color.

I cut the desirable dimensions ( 38,1mm x 14,29 mm) , using office paper cutter...


...and using rivet maker , I made the rivets on the perimeter of each one .



Finally , using a cotton bud , I washed them with sea water to get the green color of verdigris.


This process was tiring , monotonous and it took two weeks. On the other hand , the result satisfied me.

No comments:

Post a Comment